I’ve been trying to live very healthy for the last few months and I’ve been really enjoying it. It was hard at the beginning but got easier when I converted my fiance and we are both now high on healthy living (with a few slip ups, no one’s perfect, right).
So as I’ve said, I’m trying to live healthy and discover better things other than boozing over the weekends and quick fix takeaway dinners during the week. I’ve been smoothing away my weekends with some unusual smoothie recipes, especially the sweet potato smoothie, you have to try it, I swear! I’ve also started incorporating salads into my diet more often and that’s when I noticed the big change. I don’t feel tired as much as I used to and my stomach is not as heavy. The brand that I turn to most often is Florette salads as they offer wide variety and I found them fresh every time. No nasty surprises there! I’ve also recently found out they also share salad ideas on their web and found some great & healthy recipes.
Another great source for healthy salad recipes is this amazing cook book “A Salad For Every Season”
great for daily inspiration. This cooking book contains healthy and
delicious recipes for everyday based on every season in a year. I’ve
discovered some great, delicious and time saving salad recipes for a
lunch at work or a dinner at home.
The recipe I wanted to share today is really easy to make, not expensive and soo tasty! I’ve been making salads from this book every weekend but I always alter it. I always do that, I don’t think I can follow any instructions at all! So, shall we start making this Peach and Mozzarella Sweet Chilli Salad?
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 3 peaches
- 1 mozzarella ball
- sweet chilli and tomato glaze ( I substituted with sweet chilli sauce)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
And then I added
- 1 pack of salad
- 1 avocado
- handful of pine nuts
- Split the (washed) avocado in the middle and take the stone out.
- Cut the peach in 8 pieces. (I found this the easiest way to separate the peach from the stone inside
- Place the avocado and peach pieces onto a baking tray with a silver foil/baking paper
- Glaze with olive oil and sweet chilli sauce and put into a pre-heated oven.
- Grill on 180 until ready (took me about 20 minutes).
- While its all grilling, prepare plates laid with a salad and hand-torn mozzarella
- Sprinkle with roasted pine nuts, add a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- And lastly, add the roasted avocado and peach pieces
So what do you think, do you love the peach and mozzarella sweet chilli salad? What do you think of my improvements? What would you add?